Food sticking to the air fryer basket is a very common problem. But every time you need to clean the air fryer basket before cooking. While scrubbing the air fryer basket for cleaning you destroy the non-stick coating layer. In this way, the longevity of the air fryer basket will shorter day by day.
So how to stop food from sticking to the air fryer basket? I was also facing the same issue but later after some experiments, I found the 7 best tips to prevent the food sticking problem which I have discussed below. Before we start let’s know the disadvantage if we do not stop food from sticking to the air fryer basket.
How to stop food from sticking to the air fryer basket in 7 steps
#1. Use a non-stick coat air fryer
A non-stick coat air fryer is the best way to stop food from sticking to the air fryer basket. Now air fryers come with Teflon or ceramic-coated air fryer baskets. These non-stick coats prevent food from sticking to the basket and produce a very minimal amount of food mesh.
You can also easily clean the removable basket in the dishwasher. If you want to do a hand wash in the basket you just need a soap and water mixture. But remember never to use abrasive sponges to scrub the basket. Otherwise, the non-stick coat will damage.
#2. Clean the air fryer properly
To stop food from sticking to the air fryer basket You should always clean the air fryer basket properly. Because the last cooked food debris may be stuck in the air fryer which will be a reason for the food sticking.
You can use a mild detergent to clean the basket. But baking soda solution also can do the same work. Apply the baking soda paste on the air fryer basket then rub with a lemon slice. Then clean the basket underwater, your basket will be super clean and weird smell free.
#3. Preheat the air fryer
Before putting the food into the air fryer basket you should always preheat the air fryer. It’s a best practice to get perfectly crisped food every time. It will help you to cook food without sticking to the air fryer basket.
Now every digital air fryer comes with preheat button. The preheat button is adjusted at constant time and temperature. You can also set the time and temperature at 400°F for 5 minutes. If you preheat the air fryer before cooking, your air fryer doesn’t take extra time to cook food and food will not stick to the air fryer basket.
#4. Grease the air fryer basket
We all know air fryer doesn’t use oil to cook food. It can cook your food using hot air circulation technology but without oil food always stick to the air fryer basket. If you do not oil the basket the food sticks to the warm basket and produces food mesh and an unwanted burnt smell.
So before putting food in the basket you should spray some vegetable oil or brush a little amount of high smoke point oil in the air fryer basket. It will work as a non-stick coat and your food will also come out perfectly crispy without any burnt texture.
#5. Use silicone or perforated parchment liners
Another best way to stop food from sticking to the air fryer basket you can use silicone liners or parchment paper liners. These liners are easily available in the market. Both have high heat resistivity while the silicone liners have more heat resistivity than parchment paper and are also it reusable.
Put the liners in the bottom part of the air fryer basket after preheating the air fryer. If you use them while preheating then the parchment paper can get contact with the heating element. The parchment paper soaks extra oil from the food and all the mesh stored on the upper layer of the liners. So you don’t need to clean the air fryer basket every time after use.
#6. Do not overcrowd the basket
The air fryer works on hot air circulation technology to cook food. A fan circulates the hot air trough out the basket in a circular moving cycle. If you stop the air path by overcrowding the basket then it will be a very bad experience with your air fryer.
An overcrowding basket may be a reason for undercooked food and food sticking to the basket. Because hot air doesn’t move freely which may be the reason for overheating. So your food will stick to the air fryer basket. So put your food in an organized way to cook food while using an air fryer.
#7. Shake the basket in the mid of cooking
There are two advantages of shaking of air fryer basket in the mid of cooking. One is you will get evenly crisped food. While cooking in the air fryer the hot air cooked only one side and another side may be undercooked. If you toss or shake the air fryer basket another side will also cook evenly.
Another advantage is shaking the air fryer basket in the mid of cooking it prevents food from sticking to the air fryer basket. If the food sticks to the basket you can also spray or brush extra oil to prevent food from sticking.
What disadvantages of food sticking to the air fryer basket
- Difficulty in Cleaning: When food sticks to the air fryer basket, it can be difficult to clean and may require soaking, scrubbing, or using specialized cleaners to remove the stuck-on food debris.
- Loss of Nutrients: If food is not cooked evenly due to sticking to the basket, it can result in a loss of nutrients and affect the overall taste and texture of the food.
- Reduced Cooking Efficiency: If food is sticking to the basket, it can impede the cooking process, resulting in unevenly cooked food and an overall reduction in cooking efficiency.
- Reduced Cooking Capacity: If food is sticking to the basket, it can take up more space and reduce the overall cooking capacity of the air fryer.
- Shorten the Life of the Air Fryer: Consistently sticking food to the basket can lead to damage to the air fryer, which can shorten its overall lifespan.
- Reduced Cooking Enjoyment: Cooking with a stuck basket can be frustrating and affect the overall cooking experience.
- Waste of Food: If food sticks to the basket, it may not be able to be salvaged and may have to be thrown away, resulting in a waste of food and money.
What should you do if food still sticks to the air fryer basket?
After following these steps and still you face the same food sticking problem then you can do a few other methods.
- Soak the basket in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before cleaning. This can help to loosen any stuck-on food debris.
- Use a soft-bristled brush or a non-abrasive sponge to gently scrub away any remaining food debris.
- Try using baking soda and water paste to gently scrub away any remaining food debris.
- Consider using a specialized air fryer cleaner to remove any stuck-on food debris.
- Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning your specific air fryer model.
- If the food sticks to the basket even after cleaning, it may be time to replace the basket or consider purchasing a new air fryer.
- Make sure the food is dry and not wet before you put it into the air fryer and use an oil spray or brush on some oil to the food, not just the basket to avoid sticking.
- If food is stuck in the basket then you can use a sharp object to clean that but carefully otherwise you may damage the basket.
Here we have discussed some best pro tips to prevent food from sticking to the air fryer basket. We hope you will get some best knowledge and result from the article. I also use these tips to stop the sticking problem to my air fryers. Greasing the air fryer basket is one of the best tips to stop food from sticking.