Are you having a tough time cleaning your air fryer it ended up searching “How to clean air fryer”? Don’t you worry! We have got your back.
It is common to assume that cleaning an air fryer is as easy and quick as cooking with little oil and hot air. But let me tell you, do not conclude too fast as you need some improvement or a hack to clean your air fryer that all winds up with food residue and oil splatters.
You may ask that you don’t use oil, but still, the air fryer produces fat or oil that gets amalgamated in the bottom of your basket, so it is a complete chore to clean up entirely. So what is the solution for this?
Why should you clean your air fryer?
The primary reason is to extend the lifetime of the appliance. There are other reasons; if you do not clean the machine for a long time, it starts producing a bad smell, with all oil and grease likely to accumulate in the basket or the heating element.
Sometimes the leftover pieces of food get caught in the basket holes that eventually get burned every time you are cooking any other foods again in the fryer. It is why you must clean your air after every cooking session.
This article will share some tricks and techniques for cleaning your air fryer. There are different methods and hacks, so keep reading to avoid missing out!
How to clean an air fryer when your air fryer produces a foul smell or stink?
If your answer is yes, it is time for you to clean it promptly. I’m glad to enlighten you with not just one cleaning procedure; this time, I have covered all the best possible solutions for you to clean your air fryer more straightforwardly. Some easy air fryer cleaning techniques to be followed are below:
Let’s begin with the classic solution everybody relies on on!
Solution 1 – Air fryer with baking soda:
Sometimes cleaning an air fryer with water is not enough to take out the excess grease and burnt food particles from your air fryer basket; it is where a baking soda solution makes a difference. If you are confused about cleaning the air fryer with baking soda, then I have covered it for you. This step-by-step solution will help clean your air fryer basket and grill Pan by using this soap and baking soda. Let’s begin!
What you need is:
Warm water, baking soda, sponge, and dish soap.
- Step 1: After carefully unplugging your air fryer, remove the basket.
- Step 2: Now, fill your air fryer basket halfway with warm water; next, add one teaspoon of dish soap and one baking soda. Please give it a proper still until you see some foam.
- Step 3: Let it rest for up to 20 to 30 minutes. During this time, the solution will help to soften up the accumulated grease and burnt food particles from the basket.
- Step 4: Now, take a sponge and carefully scrub it. Make sure not to clean it a bit too hard because the coating will come off quickly.
- Step 5: Now, wash it thoroughly until you do not find any traces of baking soda.
- Step 6: Now, take a paper towel or a clean cloth to dry the grill pan and an air fryer. Let it completely dry, and now you can put it back in your air fryer. I recommend placing the grill pan and air fryer basket on the dish and drying them overnight. This truly helps!
Solution 2 – Deep cleaning the air fryer:
How to deep clean air fryers is a typical question nowadays. But after some time, it becomes mandatory to deep clean your air fryer if you enjoy too much cooking in it. I know it will be pretty painful, but you must be strong enough to look under the hood to see the food buildup. So it is a final call for a deep clean.
What you need is:
Dish soap, microfiber cloth, vinegar or lemon juice, an old toothbrush, and DIY stain remover.
- Step: 1 If you have just used your air fryer, let it cool down, and take a paper towel to wipe out grease dripping from it completely.
- Step: 2 Now, take the air fryer basket out and soak it in the sink with hot soapy water.
- Step: 3 Now, do not submerge the entire air fryer unit in the water; instead, use a damp or microfiber cloth to wipe down the interior part of the air fryer. Now wipe down around the fan and look to ensure nothing is blocking the air vents.
- Step: 4 It’s time to clean the heating element of your air fryer, so turn the appliance upside down. You can use a scouring pad or abrasive sponge to clean this part. But my recommendation is to use the stain remover to clean out the heating element. Now steadily clean the heating element using an old toothbrush. Let it rest for the next 10 minutes. Now take the wet cloth to wipe it thoroughly until it gets clean again.
- Step: 5 Now it’s time to let it dry after thoroughly watching everything.
- You can also take a clean cotton cloth to dry the basket pant and the whole unit. Reassemble them, and now you are ready to go.
- Step: 6 Lastly, after cleaning the interior air fryer’s unit, let it rest overnight. The next day will be completely dried out.
Solution – 3 clean air fryer hack:
People who own an air fryer know how intimidating it is to clean it is why I have a cleaning hack for you so you can ace cleaning this appliance. Let’s get started!
- First, take the drawer out and squirt some dishwashing liquid into it.
- Next, add some warm water before placing the drawer back into the air fryer.
- Now place the basket back in and turn the appliance on as if you were cooking something.
- Next, set the timer for 15 minutes and 200 degrees.
- Now rinse the dirty water out of the fryer as you would if hand washing dishes, and you will find your basket as like new again.
But still, this hack is not for everybody as every air fryer is built differently. It is an excellent solution for some, while others have complaints. So to avoid the risk, people can generally go with the ultimate way to clean the interior part of the air fryer with hot water and a non-abrasive sponge; they can also opt for ideas to clean the air fryer with vinegar and baking soda it is also a great solution.
What is strictly not permitted to do while cleaning an air fryer?
First, it is inappropriate to use thorny scrub, sponge metal, or any steel tool to clean any components of an air fryer that have nonstick coating because it will peel off then you are at the risk of consuming the layer as you cook. Still, if you face issues while removing food received, you can opt for the soaking method.
Do not start to clean the air fryer till the entire appliance is completely cooled down.
Lastly, do not put the entire air fryer unit into water. Some components can be detached and placed or cleaned in the dishwasher as they are dishwasher-safe. But the central unit having electrical parts can be damaged when submerged.
Have a weird smell in your air fryer? Here’s what you can do!
If you observe any odd plastic-type smell coming out of your air fryer, it might be possible because it is newer. So here is what you can do to avoid that weird smell.
What you need is:
- white vinegar
- Lemon juice
Step – 1 First, put 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar in one safe bowl (a pyrex bowl).
Step – 2 Now, run on your air fryer for 5 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Let your air fryer run until the entire weird smell is gone.
Step – 3 You can also put half a lemon inside of the air fryer basket and let it rest for half an hour. You can clean it usually, hurray! Now it is odor-free
Furthermore, if it is not a new air fryer, still you have a weird smell coming out of yours. It might be possible because food residue and grease build up inside it around the heating element. In this case, it is a call for deep cleaning of your air fryer, which I have discussed above.
What can you use to reduce food mess in the air fryer?
To reduce food mess you can use perforated parchment paper and silicone air fryer liners. These have enough small holes where the hot air can easily pass without obstructing the cooking progress. The parchment paper is one-time usable while silicone liners are reusable. They also increase the life span of a fryer basket.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air fryer Cleaning
#1 – How to clean the air fryer fan?
Start cleaning the interior of the air fryer using a damp cloth in warm soapy water. Make sure to remove the drawer and basket. Also, check the heating element for food particles and grease and wipe it up clean. However, some air fryer manufacturers claim that using a soft brush is okay but avoid using steel wire to remove food debris or stuck-on food in the fan.
# 2 – How to remove sticky food residue from the air fryer?
Initially, you need to soak up any oil congealing on the air fryer. Now unplug the air fryer take some newspapers, and cube them into a ball. Now start giving the air fryer enough rubs down inside and out. It will indeed remove the sticky of any oily residue.
# 3 – Is it okay to put some water in an air fryer for cleaning purposes?
Most air fryer models are nonstick, and using anything abrasive can easily scratch the coating. However, it is strictly not allowed to submerge the entire air fryer unit in water. But yes, you can remove the necessary components that are dishwasher safe and clean them using water. But the leading team is not permitted as it will ruin it.
#4 – Is it necessary to clean the air fryer after every use?
Typically the answer to this is yes. You can avoid a hectic cleaning experience later. So cleaning your air fryer after every use helps prevent grease buildup and charred food. So wipe down your air fryer’s interior and exterior after every use. However, you can check your air fryer’s heating element every couple of months for oil residue.
#5 – How to remove or clean burnt food from a heating element?
Ultimately tough stains may let baking soda paste sit on the coil for up to consistent 20 minutes before scrubbing. So ensure to wash off the baking soda paste thoroughly when you are finished. Also, clean the drip pans. And if the drip pans are detachable, then it is high time to detach and clean those.
The Bottom line:
Now it’s time for final thoughts as I have shared enough information about cleaning the air fryer and given a suitable solution. No matter what, even the solution hack or trick is if you ensure to clean your air fryer and have regular maintenance, then cleaning it will not be a chore at all.
Do clean it each time after using it so that you do not have to fret about food residue or grease buildup. This way, you can avoid scrubbing your air fryer as well. Go ahead and wipe it off and give it a good clean after every use. Thanks for reading the article! Appreciate our work in providing such information.