While using an air fryer the food and oil sticking to the basket is a common problem but the manufacturer uses a different type of coat like ceramic and Teflon to make the basket surface non-stick. So today we will discuss ceramic-coated air fryers. Is the ceramic air fryer safe for cooking?
Air fryers are very new to the market but their popularity is increasing day by day. Using an air fryer is very convenient and safe for cooking. Air fryers use rapid air technology to cook food by using hot air instead of oil. So, health enthusiasts like to use an air fryer for frying food.
But about health, the build quality is also a major factor. If your air fryer is made of cheap quality plastic material that may be a reason for health problems in a long term. So let’s find out if ceramic air fryers are good for health or not. Should you buy a ceramic air fryer?
What is ceramic?
Ceramics is an inorganic and non-metallic material. They do not have any mixture of PTFE-based materials. Ceramic has a high heat resistivity of up to 500°F easily and does not melt down. It is widely used to coat cookware to produce a nonstick surface. It prevents food and oil from sticking and makes the cleaning process easier.
What is a ceramic air fryer?
Ceramic air fryers mean not the whole air fryer is made out of ceramic material. The basket of the air fryer is coated with a thin layer of ceramic. This ceramic layer produces a non-stick surface which prevents the extra oil and food residue from sticking. The ceramic-coated air fryer baskets are dishwasher safe and also you can use a cloth to wipe the surface. The ceramic layer offers easy cleanup.
Why ceramic coats are used in the air fryer’s basket?
The manufacturer coats a thin layer of ceramic on the air fryer basket w, producing a non-stick surface. The ceramic coat never peels or produces black flakes at high temperatures. The ceramic coat can easily resist heat to 500°F. The ceramic coat basket has high long durability because the ceramic coat protects the basket surface from the highly heated air.
The ceramic coat produces a non-stick surface on the basket. So your cleaning process will be easy. The ceramic coat also prevents food residue and grease from sticking. You can easily clean them with a damp cloth or with a mix of mild detergent. The ceramic coat baskets are also dishwasher safe, so no worry about cleaning the ceramic air fryers.
Is a ceramic air fryer safe for cooking?
Ceramics is free from PTFE-based mixture and BPA compounds. Ceramic has high heat resistivity and never meltdown. So the chances of food contamination food by the flakes of the air fryer are very low while in a Teflon-coated air fryer the chances of food contamination are high. So ceramic-coated air fryers are mostly like safe for health.
What are the benefits of ceramic-coated air fryers?
Here are the benefits of using a ceramic-coated air fryer basket.
- Ceramic-coated air fryer baskets are non-stick and stain-proof.
- They are free from BPA, PTFE, Teflon, cadmium, and lead types of harmful substances.
- Ceramic coat air fryers don’t peel off or produce harmful flakes at high temperatures.
- Ceramic air fryers do not contaminate food with toxic compounds.
- The ceramic-coated basket can easily resist high heat and protect the basket from hot air.
- Provide the basket with long durability.
- The non-stick surface prevents food and grease from sticking.
- Make your cleaning process easy with a dishwasher.
- You can also clean them by wiping them with a damp cloth with a mixture of mild detergent.
How do make ceramic air fryers durable?
The ceramic-coated air fryer has a thin layer of a non-stick surface that prevents oil and food residue from sticking. It protects the air fryer basket from the high heat of the air fryer and prolongs the life span of the air fryer.
But the life span of the ceramic air fryer is less compared to Teflon air fryers. So never use abrasive sponges and sharp objects to clean the ceramic air fryers. Clean the air fryers after every use. These processes will be durable for a long time.
Ceramic-coated air fryers vs Teflon-coated air fryers
Both ceramic and Teflon are a mixture of some metallic compounds and are used for coating the surface of cookware and cooking appliances for non-stick surfaces. So in air fryer manufacturing, these two non-stick coats are used on the air fryer basket to protect the basket from high heat, prevent food from sticking and make the cleaning process easier. But ceramic-coated air fryers and Teflon-coated air fryers are having some advantages and disadvantages let’s check them out.
Ceramic-coated air fryers
- Ceramic is an inorganic and non-metallic material that is free from BPA, PTFE, and cadmium types material.
- It is used to coat a thin layer on the air fryer basket to prevent food from sticking.
- Ceramic-coated air fryer baskets can resist high heat for a long time.
- At high temperatures doesn’t melt down.
- Don’t peel and flake produce and never contaminate food.
- Has less life span compared to Teflon air fryers?
Teflon-coated air fryers
- Teflon is a mixture of PTFE-based formulas.
- It is also USD to coat a non-stick coat to prevent sticking.
- It can’t resist high heat for a long time.
- It may be a meltdown at a high temperature.
- It peels and produces flakes that contaminate food.
- Have higher durability than ceramic air fryers.
What are the best alternative air fryers to ceramic air fryers?
Now air fryers are available in different materials and build quality. You can find air fryers in steel, glass, and high-quality plastic material on the market. The stainless steel material air fryers are the most expensive. Because they are made of food-grade stainless steel which is free from BPA, PTFE, and any type of toxic material coat with strong build quality.
The stainless steel offers a premium look to your kitchen. They have a non-stick surface which also prevents oil from sticking. Glass air fryers are also made of toughened glass material. They have high heat resistivity. they also offer a premium look to your kitchen. They are free from BPA compounds and any PTFE material. So using these air fryers for cooking is safe and the best alternative to ceramic air fryers.