Air fryer is a great alternative to big and heavy bulky ovens. These are compact space savings appliances. If you belong to a family of 4-5 members then an air fryer will be a great product for you. Using your air fryer, you can air fry, roast, reheat, bake, broil, and do much more work.
But you need some extra air fryer accessories for multi-functional work. Air fryer accessories can improve your air fryer capability by using a loaf pan, muffin pan, grill pan, etc.
But If you are an air fryer beginner then the question definitely will be stuck in your mind can silicone molds be used in air fryer? Is it safe for use in an air fryer? Are silicone accessories safe for health? and many questions will revolve around your mind.
So in this article, I am trying to solve these queries related to silicone air fryer accessories with my own experience and research, and genuine reviews by the buyers. So read the complete article, and you will get complete knowledge. Before we start the answer is can silicone molds be used in air fryers?
What are silicone molds?
Silicone molds come in different sizes and shapes. These are made up of a mixture of synthetic silicone polymer and other elements like carbon and oxygen. If you touch the molds, it feels like soft and rubbery plastic. Silicone is great for use in the oven at a high temperature of up to 500°F. They have high heat resistivity so silicone molds are safe to use in the air fryer.
Only FDA organizations approved and medical standard quality silicone accessories can be used in our kitchen for food preparation.
Silicone accessories offer a non-stick surface to the food and baked item in your air fryer. So there is no need for extra grease in the molds. And also silicone pans produce lesser food mess inside your air fryer.
They are also very easy to clean with a mixture of warm water and soap. Silicone is waterproof and dishwasher-safe. They have also very good flexibility and are reusable for a long time. One of the biggest advantages of silicone mold, it does not emit any unusual odor after several uses. which provides a clean environment to cook food.
What is an air fryer-safe pan?
Anything can be used in an air fryer but that should be labeled ovenproof by the manufacturer. So that is the only way to ensure safety while using an air fryer. The size of the pans also should be compatible with the air fryer size.
The safe bakeware pans & accessories may be made of silicon, aluminum, glass, and ceramic. For double safety always read the genuine reviews by the buyers who had already used that material in their air fryer. But silicone can handle high heat and is safe for health, here are the 10 best advantages of using silicone molds in an air fryer.
Here are the 10 best advantages of using silicone molds in an air fryer
I found with my experience & research there are some advantages to using silicone molds in the air fryer. So I pointed out the 10 best advantages of using silicone molds.
- Turn into any shape – Can be shaped into any desired shape and size at the time of manufacturing like heart-shaped, square, round, etc.
- High heat resistivity – Silicone is a high heat resistivity material up to 450°F, so it is safe to use in the air fryer.
- FDA approved – Food-grade silicone can be used in food preparation and is approved by the FDA organization also they are free from BPA compounds.
- Non-stick – Provide a non-stick and non-sliding surface to your food ingredients. So no need to grease your silicone molds.
- Flexible & durable – Silicone has excellent flexibility.
- Easy to clean – Silicone is waterproof and dishwasher safe. If you clean with a handwash then you just need a mixture of warm water and soap.
- Reusable – In the case of paper accessories they are only one-time use but silicone can be reusable for up to 2 – 3 years.
- Odor resistivity – For the first time use you may face some unusual smell in your food but after several uses, they do not leave behind any odor inside your food.
- Space savings – You can place them anywhere in your kitchen.
- Available in different colors – Silicone molds are available in several colors, so you can choose them that suit best your kitchen.
Can Silicone Molds Be Used In Air Fryer? Is it safe for health?
If you ask me the question is silicone molds safe or not? My answer is yes. Because The FDA approves that Food-grade high-quality silicone molds can be used in food preparation. The FDA organization regulates & responsible for public health by ensuring food safety, which has agreed that good quality silicone does not contaminate your food with any impurities.
Silicone is also capable of handling high heat up to 500°F and does not melt inside your air fryer heat. So a food-grade quality silicone mold is safe for health and can be used in the air fryer.
Note: Always check before buying that your silicone mold should be made of 100% medically approved food-grade silicone material.
Silicone loaf pan for air fryer
If you are a bread lover then your air fryer can do it for you with the help of a silicone loaf pan. You will find any color, size, and shape of loaf pan on the online market. But that should be compatible with the size of your air fryer.
They are made of food-grade silicone material and are free from toxic compounds. The silicone loaf pan can handle more than 450°F and does not melt down inside your air fryer.
The silicone loaf pan has great flexibility, you can remove your baked goods just by pushing them from the backside of your loaf pan. the loaf pan can be reusable for a long time. Cleaning is very easy, the silicone loaf pan is waterproof and dishwasher safe.
Silicone pot for air fryer
These silicone pots for air fryers are a great alternative to parchment paper. They are reusable for many years and protect your air fryer basket from regular cleaning. So these silicone pots prolong the life span of your air fryer basket.
These are great silicone accessories for your air fryer and are made of food-grade silicone material, FDA-approved, and free from BPA compounds.
You can cook whole chicken, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other dishes. After cooking there is no need to wash your basket. Just wipe the basket and cook your next favorite dish.
You just need to clean the silicone pot with a soapy warm water mixture within seconds they can be cleaned and stored for the next use.
Silicone cupcake liners for air fryer
These are small reusable silicone muffin cups in different shapes. You can use these muffin cups instead of paper muffin cups. These are made of 100% food-grade silicone and are free from BPA compounds.
These muffin cups can handle more than 450°F heat easily and do not melt down. And these are very easy to clean and store for other muffin recipes.
They do not leave behind any spot, or odor and reduce the pollution inside your air fryer. So hundreds of bucks can be saved by using these small silicone muffin cups.
Silicone Molds are great for cooking eggs, baking muffins, cupcakes, and bread preparing frozen treats, desserts on a baking sheet, and candy making. Perfect holder for sorting small items.
How do you clean silicone molds?
Cleaning silicone molds is the easiest thing if you follow these proper steps.
- First of all, always use hot water instead of cold water to clean your silicone mold. Because with hot water cleaning grease is so easy.
- Mix the soap/ detergent in warm water and make a mixture.
- Put the silicone molds in the soap and hot water mixture.
- Wipe down the molds with a soapy cloth.
- After that, rinse the molds thoroughly.
- Leave your silicone molds to dry.
- Before your next use, always check your molds should be dry.
We discuss the above question can silicone molds be used in an air fryer? and found that yes, silicone molds can be used in an air fryer. But that should be high quality and marked ovenproof by the manufacturer.
Medically approved silicone can be used in the air fryer for food preparation. They can handle more than 500°F without any flame inside your air fryer. So silicone accessories for air fryers will be a great investment for the long term and save you thousands of bucks.