Air fryers are very new to the market. They are easy to use, compact in design, and multifunctionality, and the best advantage is they can cook your food by using hot air cooling technology instead of using oil. An air fryer can reduce the consumption of calories by up to 70% to 80% in day-to-day life.
But cleaning the air fryer is not an easy task after having a good meal. Every time you need to clean the basket before a new meal. It’s a time taking process and the life span of the air fryer basket decreases. But using parchment paper can reduce the cleaning procedure and have many advantages. So Today I will discuss the 8 best reasons to use parchment paper in the air fryer.
What is perforated parchment paper?
Perforated parchment papers are pre-cut oven-safe paper that has high heat resistivity. You can find them in square and round shapes. And you can also cut them into any shape according to your requirements. Like baking paper, this paper also provides a non-stick surface for your food and the air fryer basket.
But when used in the air fryer this paper has small holes where the hot air can be easily circulated and you will get perfectly crisped fried food every time. While cooking greasy foods, perforated parchment paper can save your air fryer basket from dirty every time. There are two colors of parchment paper available in the market white and brown. These papers are very useful, they save your air fryer basket cleaning, prolong the life span of the basket, and save your money.
Here are the 8 best reasons to use parchment paper in air fryer
Using parchment paper in an air fryer has several advantages:
- Keeps food from sticking and tearing: These perforated parchment papers are a game-changer while used in air fryers. They prevent sticking and tearing your food.
- Easy Cleanup: Parchment paper can be used to line the air fryer basket or tray, which makes cleaning up after cooking much easier. You can simply remove the parchment paper, and any crumbs or spills will come off with it.
- Non-Stick Surface: Parchment paper creates a non-stick surface in the air fryer, which helps to prevent food from sticking to the basket or tray. This makes it easier to remove the food from the air fryer and can also help to prevent burning.
- Healthier Cooking: Parchment paper can help to reduce the amount of oil or butter needed when cooking in an air fryer. This can make the food healthier by reducing the amount of fat in the food.
- Preventing Overcooking: Parchment paper can also help to prevent overcooking by acting as a barrier between the food and the hot air. This can help to keep the food moist and prevent it from drying out.
- Versatility: Parchment paper can be used to cook a variety of foods, such as vegetables, fish, and chicken, and can also be used to make desserts like cookies.
- Prolong the life span of the basket: Because of less cleaning of the air fryer basket. The durability of the basket increase compared to those who don’t use parchment paper. It also protects the basket from direct heat exposure. So the life span of the basket increase.
- Easy to use & affordable – Using parchment paper in the air fryer is the easiest job. You can easily line them and the price are so affordable.
It’s always recommended to check the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific air fryer model to see if there are any guidelines for using parchment paper. Make sure that the paper you use is safe for use in high temperatures and do not put the paper directly on the heating element.
How to use perforated parchment paper in an air fryer?
Always put parchment paper in the air fryer after preheating your air fryer. Make sure some food weight is placed over the parchment paper. Otherwise, the hot air sucks the paper into the heating elements.
Place the parchment paper bottom of the cooking basket. Do not place your parchment paper in the drip tray of your air fryer where oil and food mess collect.
Do not use a high amount of oil in the air fryer basket. You can grease the paper and the surface of the basket with a little amount of oil. Stick the parchment paper to the basket of the air fryer.
The parchment are should have small holes where the hot air circulates easily and you should not cover the entire basket with paper. You should leave some space for easy airflow.
After the cooking cycle is done replace the used paper with new ones and put them in the recyclable dustbin.
Top 5 Best parchment paper available in the market to see click here>>>>>
What should you avoid while using parchment paper in an air fryer?
- Contact with a heating element: Make sure that the parchment paper is not in contact with the heating element, as this can cause the paper to catch fire.
- Overcrowding the basket: When using parchment paper, do not overcrowd the air fryer basket as this can prevent hot air from circulating properly and can lead to uneven cooking.
- Using the wrong type of paper: Only use unbleached, silicone-treated, food-grade parchment paper, as other types of paper may not be safe for use in high temperatures.
- Not monitoring the cooking process: Always keep an eye on the food while it’s cooking and make sure that the parchment paper is not getting too dark or smoking.
- Adding too much oil or butter: While parchment paper can help reduce the amount of oil or butter needed when cooking in an air fryer, it’s still important not to add too much as this can cause the paper to catch fire.
- Not allowing the air fryer to cool down before removing the parchment paper: The air fryer and the parchment paper will be hot after cooking, so be sure to use oven mitts or tongs to remove the parchment paper and let the air fryer cool down before cleaning it.
Perforated parchment papers are made from food-grade materials like fruit pulp, and wood pulp. They have high heat resistivity, so you can use them at high temperatures in the air fryer. The small holes allow easy air circulation to achieve perfect fried crispiness. The non-stick surface prevents tearing and sticking to the basket. So you can minimize the food mess using parchment paper.
They can prolong the life span of your air fryer and protect the basket from high heat exposure. Clean-up is also very easy with parchment paper. Using parchment paper in the air fryer will give value to the air fryer and saves you money and time.