Air fryers are very new to the market. They are easy to use, compact in design, multifunctionality, and the best advantage is they can cook your food by using hot air cooling technology instead of using oil. An air fryer can reduce the consumption of calories up to 70% to 80% in day-to-day life.
But cleaning the air fryer is not an easy task after having a good meal. Every time you need to clean the basket before a new meal. It’s a time taking process and the life span of the air fryer basket decreases. But using parchment paper can reduce the cleaning procedure and have many advantages. So Today I will discuss the 6 best reasons to use parchment paper in the air fryer.
What is perforated parchment paper?
Perforated parchment papers are pre-cut oven-safe paper that has high heat resistivity. You can find them in square and round shapes. And you can also cut them into any shape according to your requirements. Like baking paper, this paper also provides a non-stick surface for your food and the air fryer basket.
But when used in the air fryer this paper has small holes where the hot air can be easily circulated and you will get perfectly crisped fried food every time. While cooking greasy foods, perforated parchment paper can save your air fryer basket from dirty every time. There are two colors of parchment paper available in the market white and brown. These papers are very useful, they save your air fryer basket cleaning, prolong the life span of the basket, and save your money.
6 Best reasons to use parchment paper
- Keeps food from sticking and tearing – These perforated parchment papers are a game-changer while used in air fryers. They prevent sticking and tearing your food.
- High heat resistivity – These parchment papers have high heat resistance. They can tolerate heat up to 200°F to 450°F. They are best compatible used in the air fryer at high temperatures. So don’t worry about any fire accident.
- Minimize food mess – Parchment paper reduce food debris and keeps your air fryer basket clean for the next food batch. Cleaning also is much easier, you can directly replace used parchment paper with new parchment paper and these papers are recyclable.
- Prolong the life span of the basket – Because of less cleaning of the air fryer basket. The durability of the basket increase compared to those who don’t use parchment paper. It also protects the basket from direct heat exposure. So the life span of the basket increase.
- FDA tested – Almost all the parchment papers are following FDA guidelines but you should recheck them before buying. FDA tested means the parchment paper is safe to use in the food preparation process.
- Easy to use & affordable – Using a parchment paper in the air fryer is the easiest job. You can easily line them and the price are so affordable.
How to use perforated parchment paper in an air fryer?
Always put parchment paper in the air fryer after preheating your air fryer. Make sure some food weight is placed over the parchment paper. Otherwise, the hot air sucks the paper into the heating elements.
Place the parchment paper bottom of the cooking basket. Do not place your parchment paper in the drip tray of your air fryer where oil and food mess collect.
Do not use a high amount of oil in the air fryer basket. You can grease the paper and the surface of the basket with a little amount of oil. Which stick the parchment paper to the basket of the air fryer.
The parchment are should have small holes where the hot air circulates easily and you should not cover the entire basket with the paper. You should leave some space for easy airflow.
After the cooking cycle is done replace the used paper with new ones and put them in the recyclable dustbin.
5 Best parchment paper available in the market to see click here>>>>>
What should you avoid while using parchment paper in an air fryer?
While using parchment in the air fryer. You should always put parchment paper after preheating. If you put parchment paper while preheating without food weight it will suck into the heating elements and can be caused fatal fire accidents.
And also always try to use perforated parchment paper to get the best crisp result. If you use regular parchment paper there is no hole to vent air easily. And you will get raw and uneven crisped results every time.
Perforated parchment papers are made from food-grade materials like fruit pulp, and wood pulp. They have high heat resistivity, so you can use them at high temperatures in the air fryer. The small holes allow easy air circulation to achieve perfect fried crispiness. The non-stick surface prevents tearing and sticking to the basket. So you can minimize the food mess using parchment paper.
They can prolong the life span of your air fryer and protect the basket from high heat exposure. Clean-up is also very easy with the parchment paper. Using parchment paper in the air fryer will give value to the air fryer and saves your money and time.